Kewpie Baby Food and Infant Food Discontinued

Major food manufacturer Kewpie announced that it will discontinue production of baby and toddler food at the end of August next year. This company has been producing and selling baby food and other products for 65 years. Factors behind the end of production include increased costs due to rising raw material and energy prices. in addition, sales have dropped due to increased competition from other manufactures. 

This is why I did not know that this company produced and sold baby food and other products until I read this article. I now understand that rising prices are thus affecting  the company and others.

Authority:NHK


Reference

NHK. (2025, June 12). Kewpie to discontinue production of baby  and toddler food at the end of August next     year.   https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20250612/k10014833511000.html.

コメント

  1. I also saw this news the other day.It is very sad to see not only the price increase but also the end of sales.

    返信削除
  2. I researched and found that they had about 10% share of the baby food market, so I think this discontinuation of production must be very troubling.

    返信削除
  3. I thought it was very unfortunate that production had to end due to rising food prices.

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

Open AI, Abandoned Conversion to a For-Profit Company

Gasoline Prices Down, but will Go Up Next Week?

Growing Rice without Water