Growing Rice without Water
This time I read an article about growing rice without water. This method is more efficient than the previous one and allows production on a large scale with fewer people. Furthermore, this method has reduced their working hours. With the number of famers expected to decrease on the future, this may be good solution.
Furthermore, in the past, there have been methods of producing rice by directly sowing seeds in dry rice paddies, but the problem was unstable growth due to lack of nutrients. The key to this was a liquid fertilizer using beer yeast. By using this, they absorb more nutrients and grow more actively. Although the yield was lower than in the watered fields, there was no problem with the quality.
This led me to believe that the spread of this method would bring us closer to solving the problem of the decreasing number of farmers. I thought that new methods could be create by combining old knowledge with current technology.
Reference
NHK. (2025, June 3).Growing Rice without Water: A New Form of Rice Cultivation.
https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20250603/k10014813241000.html

I thought that water was essential for rice to grow, but when I learned that it can be grown without water, I felt that technology had advanced.
返信削除I was very surprised because I had never heard of such rice paddies.
返信削除I was surprised beer yeast could be a new method of rice farming. I think using both new method and current method is good way.
返信削除