Gasoline Prices Down, but will Go Up Next Week?
Regular gasoline prices were 171.2 yen, down 1 yen from the previous week. This is the eight consecutive week of price declines. However, prices expected to rise next week due to tensions in the Middle East.
According to the Petroleum Information Center, the reason for the drop in gasoline prices is government subsidies to keep gasoline prices down starting in May. The Israeli attack on Iran caused international crude oil futures prices to rise by more than 10% at one point. The Petroleum Information Center states, "While government subsidies have reached the ceiling of 10 yen, retail gasoline prices are also expected to rise next week as wholesale prices to gas stations are expected to rise".
From this, as I walked by the gas station, I felt recently that the price had finally gotten cheaper, but I knew it would be financially difficult if it would go up again. I am wondering how much it will go up.
Reference
I live in the countryside so a car is essential. I was shocked at how expensive gas is.
返信削除Oil is a product that is influenced more by politics than by economics. Given the political situation in the Middle East, we have to admit that it will remain unpredictable.
返信削除I think gasoline is necessary for our life so I'm very happy.
返信削除